Macro Express at the UF Smathers Libraries

Communication Area for Macro Express Unit Developers

Friday, April 21, 2006

> various

Everyone in Monographs now has at least been introduced to the Monographs Suite. Some tweaking is needed before next distribution. A second round of observing workflow should produce more macros. The documentation charge on all of us is somewhat daunting.

I've been doing a lot if Windows study (and continue) that sheds a little light on some of the quirks that seem to arise when we try to create macros. I'll certainly share when I come up with useful techniques.

Both Jason and I assisted Doug Smith (separately) with a macro involving Excel. What I stressed was the use of fleshing out the overall flow both in your mind and with a pencil before actually sitting down to write the script.

I think some of the experience Jason has in parsing tagged markup could come in handy with the current problems with YBP loading of brief records toward the end of the fiscal year. CM Support and our unit are meeting in a couple weeks so we'll see what's needed.

I think combining technologies might be an interesting experiment. For example: having a macro call on a VBA Macro within an MS Office application or wrapping the promptcat utitlity currently run by Gerald in a macro for a friendlier interface. --mj


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home